200 hour residential intensive Yoga Alliance accredited Yoga teacher training in India...Find out more »
Study at traditional Yoga ashram in India for authentic Yoga training...Find out more »
Enjoy Yoga retreats at beautiful Yoga ashram in India to relax, rejuvenate and self reflection...Find out more »
Yoga holidays & vacations for beginners and advanced practitioners at authentic Yoga ashram...Find out more »
Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor certification courses in India...Find out more »
Arhanta Yoga teacher training is very well taught both physically and spiritually...
This training provided me with a learning experience above and beyond my expectations...
Just amazed with the knowledge and the confidence I gained in just four weeks of this training...
how to do plough, how to do halasana, plough pose instructions, instructions for plough pose, benefits of hatha yoga poses
The Plough is a forward-bending position that stretches the entire spine, but the main focus is on the
cervical region. It makes the spine more flexible and healthy, also stretching the hips and leg muscles.
1. From the Shoulderstand, slowly lower both
feet down towards the floor behind the head.
Keeping the knees straight, heels pushing
2. If the toes can touch the floor, students
can bring the hands to the floor behind the
back, palms flat on the floor, hands parallel to
each other. People who are not able to bring
the toes to the floor should keep the hands
on the back and support it to avoid straining
the back muscles.
3. Keep the knees straight, push the heels
away. Hold the Plough for 30 seconds to
begin, slowly increase to 2 minutes. You can
also interlock the fingers and stretch you
arms, squeezing the shoulder blades
4. To come out of the position students can
return to the Shoulderstand or hold the
ankles and slowly roll the back on the floor.
• All regions of the spine are stretched bringing increased flexibility to neck and spine. Spinal nerves are
• Tension is released from the cervical region.
• Muscles of back, shoulders and arms are strengthened.
• Internal organs are massaged; indigestion and constipation are relieved. Kidney and bladder are
• Insomnia is relieved.
• The mind becomes clear and calm.
Coverage & student reviews from Arhanta Yoga Teacher Training in India. For more videos please visit our youtube channel